We are counting down the days until TEDxTauranga 2019!
With just 29 days left to go, we can feel the anticipation and excitement building.
While we wait for the big day, we have a sneak peek of the delicious food, live entertainment, and two more speakers you don’t want to miss!
You also don’t want to miss out on tickets!
And if you have any gift-giving coming up, remember TEDxTauranga tickets are the perfect present of excitement, enlightenment and entertainment!
1. “Food, Glorious Food”
Are you a lover of good, honest, wholesome food? We are too, and that is why our caterer this year embraces these three food principles!
Did you know your ticket price includes food throughout the day? What a deal!
Moreish morsels and scrumptious platters of food can be devoured to your heart’s content. You won’t be going hungry at TEDxTauranga 2019!
And don’t worry – tea and coffee will be available all day, so you can get your caffeine fix.
Remember to bring your reusable coffee cups and water bottles to use on the day!
2. “Let Meeeee Entertain You!”
Be entertained with interactive performances that will get the heart pumping, your hands clapping and put a smile on your face. Only the best entertainers make it to the TEDxTauranga stage!
It’s high energy, engaging, and ready to wow you… any guesses who, or what, could be taking the stage? You’ll find out soon!
For now, check out all the speakers that have been announced so far, and it’s our pleasure to introduce you to 2 new speakers below!
3. Next Two Speakers for TEDxTauranga 2019
#7. Kathryn Berkett
Mother to two adolescent children, Kathryn has dedicated 22 years to understanding how extreme trauma impacts the developing brain.
Holding a Masters in Educational Psychology and certification as a Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics Practitioner, she now uses her skills to train others and to develop interventions that assist reparation of the physical and psychological aspects of impacted brains.
Armed with the knowledge that trauma can have huge emotional, behavioural and physical outcomes, Kathryn is passionate about sharing information with the wider community through her work.
#8. Alex Hotere-Barnes
Alex is a Pākehā product of the Kaupapa Māori educational movement. He works closely with teachers, school leaders and community members to help create relationships that are culturally and socially just.
As an educator and researcher with affiliations to Mātaatua, Tainui and Te Tai Tokerau areas, he is fascinated by what supports and gets in the way of mutually advantageous relationships between Tāngata whenua and non-Māori.
Alex is interested in bilingual schooling, philosophy, hip hop, tikanga Māori revitalisation, and having a laugh!
Did you know we’ll have 10 live speakers on stage at TEDxTauranga? Check out our speaker line-up.
4. Schedule for the Day
It’s a full day of inspiring talks and energetic entertainment. But with lots of breaks in between, you can absorb it all and get a chance to meet some of the amazing people in our community who’ve come along too! Check out the day’s schedule below:
- 10:00am: The Beginning
- 11:25am: Early Lunch
- 12:45pm: Session #2
- 1:40pm: Break
- 2:15pm Session #3
- 3:00pm: Break
- 3:45pm: Session #4
- 4:30pm: Networking and the End
5. Download the TEDxTauranga App
Download the TEDxTauranga App to have for all our event details in your pocket, ahead of the event, and on the day:
- Speaker profiles
- Schedule for the day
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sponsors details
- Our Twitter stream
- Upload your own photos
- Meet the TEDxTauranga team
6. Quick Facts About TEDxTauranga 2019
- When: Saturday 22 June 2019, 10am to 5pm
- Where: Holy Trinity Church, 215 Devonport Rd, Tauranga
- What: 10 live speakers on stage + 3 entertainment acts + glorious food all day
- Cost: $89 per person ($69 for Seniors + Students)
- Buy your tickets now
7. Three Ways You Can Help Us
- Can you help us spread the word?
- Know someone who would love to join us for TEDxTauranga? Send them to our email subscription page so we can keep them informed
- Got a birthday coming up? Tickets to TEDxTauranga make great gifts for thoughtful people and are also an excellent way to reward staff or host clients. Buy a unique gift today, or tell your boss / HR Manager how keen you are to go!
Thanks in advance for your help!
8. Thank You To All Our Amazing Sponsors
- Powerco www.Powerco.co.nz
- TECT www.tect.org.nz
- Simpson Grierson www.SimpsonGrierson.com
- Tauranga City Council www.Tauranga.govt.nz
- Bay of Plenty Times www.BayOfPlentyTimes.co.nz
- The Hits www.TheHits.co.nz
- The University of Waikato www.Waikato.ac.nz
- Lexus www.Lexus.co.nz
- Priority One www.PriorityOne.co.nz
- Toi Ohomai www.ToiOhomai.ac.nz
- Comvita www.Comvita.co.nz
- Reid Design www.ReidDesign.co.nz
- Datacom www.Datacom.co.nz
- Bluelab www.BlueLab.co.nz
- Mailchimp www.MailChimp.com
Licencee for TEDxTauranga 2013 – 2019