Have you got your TEDxTauranga 2019 ticket yet?
Early Bird tickets sold out in just 90 minutes!
But don’t worry – there are still General Admission tickets available to buy at just $89, so make sure don’t miss out and get yours now.
There are just 65 days until our event on 22 June 2019.
We can’t wait to see your RE:ACTION to all the amazing speakers, live entertainment and delicious food we have in store for you.
See what past attendees have said about the event here: https://www.tedxtauranga.com/about-us/reputation/
In the meantime, we are excited to announce the next 3 speakers for TEDxTauranga 2019:
Next 3 Speakers for TEDxTauranga 2019
4. Katerina Clark
Adopted from Russia as a young child and overcoming adversity as a teenager, Katerina (Kat) Clark was motivated to make a difference for other young people in the Bay of Plenty.
Kat established Tauranga Pryde and continues to provide ongoing support as a student advocate at the University of Waikato.
In recognition of Kat’s work on behalf of the LGBTQ community she was presented with two Youth Week awards and is a Local Hero New Zealander of the Year.
5. James Russell
Meet James Russell: rat trapper and a world leading island conservationist.
James’ work brings together a variety of scientific methods to solve contemporary conservation problems, and he is currently on a quest to eradicate introduced mammal predators from all of New Zealand. More recently, James has been researching the social implications of pest control and the dynamics between humans and conservation.
Dr Russell is an Associate Professor at the University of Auckland and Strategic Advisor to the Predator Free NZ Trust.
6. Rob Weinkove
Dr Robert Weinkove is Clinical Director of the Malaghan Institute, a biomedical research institute in Wellington, NZ.
Rob is a blood specialist researching a cutting edge, personalised, cancer treatment known as Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy. CAR T- cell therapy is a treatment, which involves taking a patient’s own immune cells, reprogramming them and returning them back to the patient to fight the cancer.
Rob and his team are developing a clinical trial to evaluate a “third generation” CAR T-cell therapy. He hopes that this will present a paradigm shift for treatment of lymphoma, and possibly for other cancers, in the future.
Quick Facts About TEDxTauranga 2019
- When: Saturday 22 June 2019, 10am to 5pm
- Where: Holy Trinity Church, 215 Devonport Rd, Tauranga
- What: 10 live speakers on stage + 3 entertainment acts + glorious food all day
- Cost: $89 per person ($69 for Seniors + Students) Tickets will go on sale in April
3 Ways You Can Help Us
- Can you help us spread the word?
- Know someone who would love to join us for TEDxTauranga? Send them to our email subscription page so we can keep them informed.
- Got a birthday coming up? Tickets to TEDxTauranga make great gifts for thoughtful people and are also an excellent way to reward staff or host clients. Buy a unique gift today, or tell your boss / HR Manager how keen you are to go!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Thank You To All Our Amazing Sponsors
- Powerco www.Powerco.co.nz
- Simpson Grierson www.SimpsonGrierson.com
- Tauranga City Council www.Tauranga.govt.nz
- Bay of Plenty Times www.BayOfPlentyTimes.co.nz
- The Hits www.TheHits.co.nz
- The University of Waikato www.Waikato.ac.nz
- Priority One www.PriorityOne.co.nz
- Toi Ohomai www.toiohomai.ac.nz
- Comvita www.Comvita.co.nz
- Bluelab www.Bluelab.co.nz
- Mailchimp www.MailChimp.co.nz
Licencee for TEDxTauranga 2013 – 2019