Did you know that I struggle explaining TED, TEDx and TEDxTauranga to brand new people?
It’s pretty easy when they’ve heard of TED Talks or watched a few talks from TED.com, because I can just say “Well, watching those videos is great, but it’s even better to watch them live, right in front of you on a stage, plus you get to talk about your reaction to them with the person beside you!”
That gets them pretty excited.
But if they have NEVER heard of TED, it’s pretty hard to explain it!
So I’ve tried to come up with a way to explain it to complete newbies (and it’s a good recap for TED fans like you too). So if you find the following useful, go ahead and email it out to your network (include a personal note from you vouching for it’s awesomeness).
Before you read on, I just need to check you’ve bought your ticket yet?
Here we go:
Have you heard about TEDxTauranga?
- When? Saturday 25 July 2015, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Where? ASB Arena, BayPark
- Price? $85.00 (+ credit card fee)
- Info? www.TEDxTauranga.com
What is TEDxTauranga?
It’s a day long event with 16 items of content (approximately 15 minutes long each). There are 5 components:
- Live speakers on stage
- Live entertainment
- A selection of the best TED videos
- Top quality food and beverage
- Networking with like-minded individuals
- Engage with local speakers and each other
- To experience a TED-like event
- To find ideas worth spreading
- The history of TED started in 1984 with the convergence of Technology, Entertainment and Design
- Since 2006 TED has been available online and is a collection of over 2000 talks
- Each talk is just 5 to 18 mins long
- A new talk is added every week day
- You can watch them all, for free, anytime at TED.com
- Here’s a screenshot of 12 of the latest talks from TED.com. All you have to do is spot a title that appeals to you and click to watch from your favourite device.
- One might make you think
- Another, cry
- Another, change the way you live
- Another, motivate you to tell others
- Another, change your mind about something you’ve always believed
- Another, expose you to something you never knew could be so interesting
I do hope you’ll join us.
Go to: www.TEDxTauranga.com