Oooo I’m so excited!
I just had to give you this quick update on our speakers.
Firstly, did you know there are 23 in our organising team now?
We are all un-paid volunteers and we all have to juggle our day-jobs, family commitments and somehow find the time to work on our list of a thousand things that need to be done before we deliver you the TEDxTauranga event in 57 days from now.
What an amazing bunch of people, I’m honoured to be part of this group.
Now, I’ve had lots of people ask “who’s speaking at TEDxTauranga?”
Here’s where we stand:
- 51 is how many potential speakers we’ve interviewed on the phone
- 28 is how many potential speakers we’ve interviewed in person at our “Meet & Greet” evenings at The Tauranga Club
- 16 is how many practice talks we’ll be watching in person over the next 5 weeks
- 8 is how many speakers we’ll be choosing for our event
There are 5 stages in the speaker selection process:
- Phone Interview
- Face-to-Face interview (which we call “Meet & Greet”)
- Talk practice (where our 16 finalists present their 15 minute talks to us and we provide them with feedback)
- Selection for the final 8
So we should be able to leak a few names to you mid-June.
But why let that stop you buying tickets and telling your friends and family to buy their tickets?
Looking at the process I’ve outlined here today, do you have any doubt that the speakers are going to be awesome? I certainly don’t 🙂
And don’t forget the 500 other awesome people in the audience with you! You might meet 5 or 10 or 20 or 50 of them. And a few of those meetings might just change your life.
Buy Tickets: https://tedxtauranga.eventbrite.co.nz/
Now ask yourself, “who can I forward this email to?”
And now send it. We need your help to spread the word.
Thanks in advance!
Head Organiser for TEDxTauranga
Phone: (07) 575 8799
Mobile: 021 128 5046